Carbon filament is based on premium PLA and High-Modulus Carbon Fiber. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, lightweight, and ease of printing.
This Carbon filled material can be used practically on any desktop 3D Printer. A heated bed is not strictly necessary, but if you have one, it will be even more easy to print with. Please note that carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle. Therefore we recommend stainless steel nozzles.
Why would you use this material?
- Superior Chemical Resistance vs. ABS
- Amorphous: Low and near isotropic shrinkage (which is basically equal to: low-warp 🙂
- Low moisture absorption: 3X lower vs. ABS
- Very low odor emitted during printing
- Wide processing range: 230 – 270°C
We recommended the following print conditions:
- Extruder: Ideally 195 to 230°C
- Platform Temp: 50 to 80°C
- Platform Prep: Clean glass with Kapton Tape, PVA-based glue, Hairspray
- Nozzle: We currently recommend minimum 0.40mm orifice.
- Carbon fiber filament is more abrasive than unfilled materials, so extended use will result in more wear on your nozzle, so a stainless steel nozzle is advised.